Watch This Before You Buy A Canon 6D Mark 2!

✅✅ Best Cameras For Travelling: Canon 6D Mark ii: Subscribe To My New Travel Channel:

Hey there, my names Chris Winter and if you're watching this video, there's a good chance you're thinking about buying a Canon 6D Mark ii, so I wanted to give you 5 reasons why I think the Canon 6D Mark ii would be good for you.

But anyway let's take a look at some of the reasons why you should take a look at this full frame camera from Canon.

Dual Pixel Autofocus:

To me, the biggest new feature in the brand new Canon 6D Mark ii is it's inclusion of the Dual Pixel Autofocus system.

Now if you haven't heard of this before, Dual Pixel autofocus was first introduced in the Canon 70D a few years ago. Before that, autofocus in DSLR was honestly pretty terrible.

It was stuttery, slow and used to constantly hunt. But that all changed with the 70D and has now since been included in the 80D, 5D and a few other cameras.

Essentially though with Dual Pixel autofocus you can put your Canon 6D Mark ii pretty much where ever you want and it will smoothly and cinematically come into focus.

You can also use the touch screen on the back of the screen to pull focus, so wherever your finger touches will come into focus.

Not only that the Canon 6D Mark ii also has face tracking mode which works really well too. I normally film by myself and in fact I'm actually using it now and you can see that even if I move in or out my face stays in focus.

Now sure you can still pull focus mainually, which is totally fine, but for a lot of people, having that great autofocus feature will be a life saver.

Articulating Screen:

Now I briefly mentioned before that the Canon 6D Mark ii has a new articulating screen but I wanted to talk more about it because to me this is a big inclusion.

Now for many years pro cameras have shy'd away from including flip screens on their cameras, but I'm so glad that they've included it on the 6D Mark ii. It's fantastic.

Sure most of the time I'm shooting using the viewfinder, but I have been finding myself more and more these days using the LCD screen on Canon 6D Mark 2 on the back to take shots that I'd normally struggle to get.

For example taking shots from down low or up high are a lot easier to compose now by simply flipping the screen to your liking.

And for video work the articulating screen is a must and really makes life a lot easier. If you pair that with the new dual pixel autofocus and it really is useful.

Speaking about that articulating screen another nice addition is that the screen itself is a touch screen.

Now I know a lot of professional's and old school photographers might not be used to using a touch screen on their DSLR's but I actually love it and have found it's really sped up my workflow.

Sure I still use the physical buttons on the side of the Canon 6D Mark 2 and all of the dials on the top, but having the touch screen means I can quickly adjust settings without having to dive deep into the menus.

Not only that you, but when you do get into the menu it really is a lot easier to move through different sections using just the touch screen.

For video, the touch screen on the Canon 6D Mark 2 is brilliant. When you pair it up with the fantastic new dual pixel autofocus, you can simply touch on the screen and where ever you touched will smoothly and cinematically come into focus. It's amazing.

Sure a lot of photographers might not be too quick to appreciate it, but I say give it a go on your Canon 6D Mark 2, and you'll quickly fall in love with how easy it is to use.

I want to quickly talk about my experience with the battery life on the 6D Mark ii and overall it's been pretty impressive.

I was able to get about 1100 shots on a single battery charge while shooting stills. When shooting using the LCD battery life wasn't as good but that's to be expected.

Video battery life is good as well on the Canon 6D Mark 2. Sure it's not as good as say on the Panasonic GH4, but you can get some good run time.

The 6D Mark ii is still using these LP-E6 batteries which I love. I have heaps of these for my other cameras and I'm glad they're not changing the design with each different model.

So the Canon 6D Mark ii can shoot at 6.5 frames per second which is pretty good but nothing stellar for a camera in this price range.

Now to be fair this camera isn't a dedicated sports and wildlife camera like the Canon 7D Mark ii or Nikon D500 so you shouldn't expect it to be super fast.

But honestly for most photography such as weddings and portraits that should be perfectly fine on the Canon 6D Mark 2.

I've found that the autofocus is definitely improved on the 6D Mark ii compared to the older version. I never really though the mark i was great in that department so it's nice to see some solid speed and accuracy improvements.

Recommended Reading >> bit.ly/32kRpzw

Comments